Cleveland in Cuyahoga County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
(Continued on other side)
(Continued from other side)
Assigned to the Western Front, the Grays would see action in the Meuse-Argonne Offensive of 1918. World War I was the last active service of the company. During subsequent conflicts from World War II through the Persian Gulf War, individual members have served in the armed forces. In 1893, the Grays constructed an armory at 1234 Bolivar Road in Cleveland. The armory became a center not only for the organization's military activities,
Erected 2002 by the Ohio Bicentennial Commission, the Longaberger Company, Cleveland Grays, and the Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 37-18.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection marker series.
Location. 41° 29.954′ N, 81° 40.908′ W. Marker is in Cleveland, Ohio, in Cuyahoga County. Marker is on Bolivar Road near Prospect Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1234 Bolivar Road, Cleveland OH 44115, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 'Abdu'l-Bahá and the Bahá'í Faith (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Detective Martin J. McFadden (about 600 feet away); Cleveland Theater District In Memory of Those Whose Bodies Were Moved From Ontario Street Cemetry to Erie Street Cemetery (about 600 feet away); Chief Joc-O-Sot (about 700 feet away); Unknown Early Settlers (approx. 0.2 miles away); Erie Street Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Arcade (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cleveland.
Categories. • Military • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 12, 2009, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. This page has been viewed 884 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 12, 2009, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio.