New York in New York County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
131 East 66th Street
The Studio Building
New York Landmarks Preservation Foundation
Erected 2006 by New York Landmarks Preservation Foundation.
Location. 40° 45.995′ N, 73° 57.89′ W. Marker is in New York, New York, in New York County. Marker is at the intersection of East 66th Street and Lexington Avenue, on the right when traveling west on East 66th Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 131 East 66th Street, New York NY 10021, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lexington School for the Deaf (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Manhattan House Andy Warhol (approx. 0.2 miles away); 45 East 66th Street (approx. 0.2 miles away); Charles Evans Hughes (approx. 0.2 miles away); Thaddeus Kosciuszko (approx. ¼ mile away); The Lotos Club (approx. ¼ mile away); “New York of the Presidents” (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New York.
More about this marker. The marker is located on the west (left) edge of the building as one faces the front, i.e. at the corner of East 66th and Lexington.
Also see . . . Charles A. Platt. Wikipedia.org's article on Charles A. Platt (1861-1933), the landscape architect and designer, who designed this building, as well as the Freer Gallery of Art in Washington, DC. (Submitted on September 9, 2009.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for 131 East 66th Street.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 19, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 9, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 658 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on February 19, 2019, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. 2. submitted on September 9, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. 3, 4. submitted on February 19, 2019, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.