Mineral in Louisa County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Civilian Conservation Corps Company 2359
Erected 1995 by Department of Historic Resources. (Marker Number W-216.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Civilian Conservation Corps marker series.
Location. 38° 1.455′ N, 77° 56.357′ W. Marker is in Mineral, Virginia, in Louisa County. Marker is on Davis Highway (Virginia Route 22) 0.3 miles west of Onionville Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mineral VA 23117, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Richardson and Morton Schools (approx. 2.4 miles away); Hugh Hammond Bennett (1881-1960) (approx. 3.2 miles away); Historic Louisa John Mercer Langston Birthplace (approx. 3½ miles away); Patrick Henry's Home (approx. 3½ miles away); Louisa Court House (approx. 3½ miles away); First Contact (approx. 3.8 miles away); Oakland Cemetery (approx. 3.9 miles away).
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Categories. • 20th Century • Charity & Public Work •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 8, 2009, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. This page has been viewed 621 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 8, 2009, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. 3. submitted on May 1, 2010, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.