Near Carnesville in Franklin County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Double Branches Baptist Church
>>>-- 1/2 mi. -->
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 059-6B.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 22.517′ N, 83° 8.672′ W. Marker is near Carnesville, Georgia, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of New Franklin Church Road (Georgia Route 327) and Double Branches Church Road, on the right when traveling south on New Franklin Church Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Carnesville GA 30521, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow Carroll’s Methodist Church (approx. 0.8 miles away); Poplar Springs Methodist Camp Ground (approx. 2.7 miles away); a different marker also named Carroll's Methodist Church (approx. 3.8 miles away); Franklin County (approx. 5.2 miles away); Historical Franklin Springs (approx. 6.4 miles away); Dr. Stewart D. Brown, Sr. (approx. 6.4 miles away); Tyrus Raymond Cobb (approx. 6.4 miles away); Royston, GA / U.S. Bicentennial Monument (approx. 6.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Carnesville.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 15, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,062 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 15, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.