Tuscaloosa in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
First Presbyterian Church
Moved to this site 1830.
Present structure erected 1921.
Under the leadership of Dr. Charles A. Stillman, (Minister, 1869-1895) it sponsored the founding of Stillman College in 1876. Its bell was the subject of a poem by Samuel Minturn Peck, poet laureate of Alabama.
Erected 1970 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 33° 12.345′ N, 87° 34.015′ W. Marker is in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, in Tuscaloosa County. Marker is at the intersection of Greensboro Avenue and Stillman Blvd, on the right when traveling south on Greensboro Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 900 Greensboro Avenue, Tuscaloosa AL 35401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Tuscaloosa First United Methodist Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Baptist Church (about 500 feet away); The Friedman Home (about 500 feet away); St. John The Baptist Catholic Church (about 600 feet away); First African Baptist Church Christ Episcopal Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Greenwood Cemetery (approx. ¼ mile away); Chabannes - Sealy House (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tuscaloosa.
Categories. • Arts, Letters, Music • Churches & Religion • Education •
More. Search the internet for First Presbyterian Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 6, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 860 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 6, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.