Staten Island in Richmond County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Reformed Protestant Dutch Church
Landmarks of New York
Built in 1845 in Greek Revival style, this is the third church on the site. The first, a hexagonal wooden building erected in 1714, was destroyed by the British during the Revolution. The original license to the Dutch congregation signed by Governor Hunter in 1714 is preserved.
Erected 1959 by The New York Community Trust.
Location. 40° 38.381′ N, 74° 7.937′ W. Marker is in Staten Island, New York, in Richmond County. Marker is at the intersection of Port Richmond Avenue and Church Street, on the left when traveling north on Port Richmond Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 54 Richmond Avenue, Staten Island NY 10302, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Five Brothers (here, next to this marker); Burial Place (a few steps from this marker); Founding of the Dutch Church (a few steps from this marker); St. James Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Sullivanís Attack (approx. 0.2 miles away); Faber Park and Pool (approx. 0.2 miles away); G.A.R. Veterans of the Civil War Memorial (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Pelton House (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Staten Island.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 21, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 432 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 21, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.