Richland in Stewart County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
First Post Oﬃce Site
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 128-11.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission, and the Postal Mail and Philately marker series.
Location. 32° 5.39′ N, 84° 40.055′ W. Marker is in Richland, Georgia, in Stewart County. Marker is at the intersection of Broad Street and Wall Street (Old U.S. 280), on the right when traveling west on Broad Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Richland GA 31825, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured Historic Richland (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Richland Baptist Church Site (about 600 feet away); Cedarwood Cemetery (about 600 feet away); Providence Chapel (approx. 3.7 miles away); Methodist Camp Ground (approx. 5.1 miles away); Gen. Evansí Birthplace (approx. 6.3 miles away); Westville Symposium (approx. 7.7 miles away); Lannahassee (approx. 7.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richland.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 30, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 325 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 30, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.