Las Vegas in Clark County, Nevada — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Historic 5th Street School
Plaque located near the building:
Oscar B. Goodman
Steven D. Ross
Ricki Y. Barlow
Douglas A. Selby
National Historic Register 1988
Erected by City of Las Vegas Redevelopment Agency.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 36° 9.906′ N, Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 400 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas NV 89101, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. Ralph Louis Engelstad (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Original Homesite of a Las Vegas Pioneer: Charles 'Pop Squires, 1865-1958 (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Church Built in Las Vegas (approx. 0.2 miles away); Las Vegas High School / Las Vegas High School Neighborhood (approx. 0.2 miles away); Las Vegas High School (approx. 0.2 miles away); Historic Preservation (approx. ¼ mile away); County Courthouses (approx. ¼ mile away); Von Tobel's Hardware Store (was approx. 0.3 miles away but has been reported missing. ). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Las Vegas.
Also see . . . Architecture Studies Library, UNLV. This Mission/Spanish Revival style building served as a grammar school. The building then became the Clark County Courthouse Annex before being converted into a police substation and classroom space. This building was added to the Historic Register in 1988. (Submitted on October 3, 2011, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.)
Categories. • Education • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Historic 5th Street School.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 3, 2011, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 537 times since then and 23 times this year. Last updated on October 11, 2011, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. Photos: 1. submitted on October 11, 2011. 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on October 3, 2011, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.