Oxford in Newton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 2000 by Newton County Historical Society Landmark Committee. (Marker Number 20.)
Location. 33° 37.5′ N, 83° 52.3′ W. Marker is in Oxford, Georgia, in Newton County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Wesley Street and Fletcher Street. Touch for map. The marker is located behind Old Church, at Kitty's Cottage. It is not visible from the street. Marker is in this post office area: Oxford GA 30054, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Old Oxford Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Church - 1841 (within shouting distance Old Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Town of Oxford, Georgia Historic Shrine of the United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Town of Oxford and Emory College (approx. 0.3 miles away); Garrard’s Cavalry Raid (approx. 1.7 miles away); The Stoneman Raid (approx. 1.7 miles away); The March to the Sea (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Oxford.
Categories. • African Americans • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 25, 2018. This page originally submitted on October 20, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 492 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 20, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.