Culver City in Los Angeles County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Dr. Paul Carlson Memorial Park
First Park in Culver City
This section was designated as "Victory Park," the first park in Culver City in 1927. The name was changed in 1964 by the city council to honor United States medical missionary Dr. Paul Carlson, who was born in Culver City in 1928. Dr. Carlson was killed in 1964 while serving in the Republic of the Congo and he was survived by his wife and two children. In 1993, President William Jefferson Clinton addressed Culver City citizens in this park on health care.
Erected 2010 by Culver City Historical Society. (Marker Number 12.)
Location. 34° 0.831′ N, 118° 23.914′ W. Marker is in Culver City, California, in Los Angeles County. Marker is at the intersection of Braddock Drive and Le Bourget Drive, on the right when traveling east on Braddock Drive. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 10437 Braddock Drive, Culver City CA 90232, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Veterans Memorial Building (VMB) (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Augustine's Church (approx. half a mile away); Culver City (approx. half a mile away); Civil War Union Camp Latham (approx. 0.6 miles away); American Legion Building (approx. 0.6 miles away); La Ballona School (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Hull Building (approx. 0.7 miles away); Main Street (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Culver City.
Categories. • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 28, 2018. This page originally submitted on November 29, 2011, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. This page has been viewed 539 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 29, 2011, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.