Caledonia in Livingston County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1938 by State Education Department.
Location. 42° 58.036′ N, 77° 50.77′ W. Marker is in Caledonia, New York, in Livingston County. Marker is on State Street (New York State Route 5) just east of Park Place, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Caledonia NY 14423, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Erected 1826 (approx. 0.6 miles away); Erected 1827 (approx. 0.6 miles away); a different marker also named Caledonia (approx. 1.4 miles away); First United Church of Mumford (approx. 1.9 miles away); Scottish Pioneers built here in 1806 (approx. 2.2 miles away); First School West of the Genesee (approx. 2.2 miles away); In Memory of a Soldier (approx. 2.3 miles away); McArthur Cabin (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Caledonia.
More about this marker. This marker is the exact same wording as the marker when entering town from the north (this is the eastern main thoroughfare). There are no markers on the
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 10, 2012, by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. This page has been viewed 233 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 10, 2012, by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.