Fort Jackson, Columbia in Richland County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 2003 by The 108th Division (Institutional Training). (Marker Number 40-??2.)
Location. 34° 0.396′ N, 80° 56.866′ W. Marker is in Fort Jackson, Columbia, South Carolina, in Richland County. Marker is on Jackson Blvd. near Davis Circle, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Columbia SC 29207, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Darby Field (within shouting distance of this marker); 4th Infantry Division (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); 26th Inf Division (about 500 feet away); 30th Inf Division (approx. 0.3 miles away); 31st Inf Division Bridge at Remagen Stone (approx. 0.4 miles away); 100th Inf Division (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fort Jackson Elementary School / Hood Street Elementary School (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Jackson, Columbia.
Also see . . . 108th Division (Institutional Training). activated in 1946 following World War II. Then called the 108th Airborne Division, it was headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. (Submitted on September 6, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Military •
More. Search the internet for 108th Division.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 6, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 361 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 6, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 3. submitted on September 8, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.