Fitzgerald in Ben Hill County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Dedicated to the Veterans of 1898 - 1902
Hiker of ‘98 (on base of soldier)
Dedicated to the Veterans of 1898 -1902
By the Camps and Auxiliaries of the Department of Georgia, United Spanish War Veterans, at the 18th Encampment
May 26-28, 1940
Erected 1940 by Camps and Auxiliaries of the Department of Georgia, United Spanish War Veterans.
Location. 31° 42.883′ N, 83° 15.267′ W. Marker is in Fitzgerald, Georgia, in Ben Hill County. Marker is at the intersection of West Central Avenue (U.S. 319) and Main Street, in the median on West Central Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fitzgerald GA 31750, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fitzgerald (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Jefferson Davis Memorial State Park (about 400 feet away); Ben Hill County (approx. ¼ mile away); In Grateful Appreciation of The Boys of Ben Hill Co. (approx. ¼ mile away); Gen. Bush's Home (approx. First Baptist Church Bell (approx. 0.6 miles away); a different marker also named Jefferson Davis Memorial State Park (approx. 8.3 miles away); Irwinville (approx. 8½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fitzgerald.
Categories. • War, Spanish-American •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 1, 2013, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 554 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 1, 2013, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.