Fallon in Churchill County, Nevada — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Churchill County Courthouse
The Neo-Classical Churchill County Courthouse was constructed in 1903 on property donated by Warren and Addie Williams and John Oats. Contractor W.B. Wyrick built the wood building for $7,300 from plans and specifications by Reno architect Benjamin Leon. The building was completed and accepted by County Commissioners F.L. Small, Charles L. Allen and E.S. Harriman on February 2, 1904.
The building is the only monumental wooden courthouse built in Nevada. It has been in continuous use since opening.
Erected by Division of Historic Preservation & Archeology, Churchill County Commissioners. (Marker Number 161.)
Location. 39° 28.5′ N, 118° 46.642′ W. Marker is in Fallon, Nevada, in Churchill County. Marker is at the intersection of West Williams Avenue and Lincoln Highway (U.S. 50), on the right when traveling west on West Williams Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 17 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Churchill County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Oats Park School (approx. half a mile away); The Brothers of E.C.V. (approx. 6.8 miles away); Ragtown (approx. 7.9 miles away); Grimes Point (approx. 8.6 miles away); Pony Express Route (approx. 16.6 miles away).
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 24, 2013, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 360 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 24, 2013, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.