San Marcos in Hays County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1990 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 10246.)
Location. 29° 52.8′ N, 97° 56.557′ W. Marker is in San Marcos, Texas, in Hays County. Marker is at the intersection of West Martin Luther King Drive and Feltner Alley, on the right when traveling west on West Martin Luther King Drive. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 W Martin Luther King Drive, San Marcos TX 78666, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Courthouses of Hays County (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Old Triangle (approx. ¼ mile away); Site of Coronal Institute (approx. 0.3 miles away); Wonder Cave (approx. 0.9 miles away); Post San Marcos (approx. 1.1 miles away); San Marcos Springs (approx. 1.3 miles away); Col. Ignacio Elizondo’s 1813 Campaign (approx. 3 miles away); Gen. Antonio Gaona’s 1836 Campaign (was approx. 3.1 miles away but has been reported missing. ). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Marcos.
Additional keywords. Jail
Categories. • African Americans • War, World II •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 5, 2014, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 390 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 5, 2014, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.