Perry in Falls County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Judge Albert G. and Harriet Elizabeth Grimes Perry
In late 1833 or early 1834, Perry became secretary to the Alcalde at Sarahville de Viesca in Robertson's Colony (in present Falls County), and in 1835 was First Lt. of a frontier defense Ranger company. He was a member of the Viesca Committee of Safety, and was a delegate to the Consultation of 1835.
The Perrys lived in Washington from 1836 to 1843, when they moved to Anderson in present Grimes County. In 1852 they moved to Falls County, where they farmed, and he was county and district judge.
In 1883, when the railroad bypassed the community of Peyton, a new settlement
Erected 1986 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 3990.)
Location. 31° 23.911′ N, 96° 54.652′ W. Marker is in Perry, Texas, in Falls County. Marker is at the intersection of State Highway 6 and County Route 112, on the right when traveling south on State Highway 6. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Riesel TX 76682, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Indian Battlefield (here, next to this marker); Hot Mineral Water (approx. 6.4 miles away); Site of Bucksnort (approx. 8.7 miles away); Torrey's Trading Post No. 2 (approx. 10 miles away); Falls of the Brazos River (approx. 10.3 miles away); North Prairie School (approx. 11.1 miles away).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Judge Albert G. and Harriet Elizabeth Grimes Perry.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 24, 2015, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. This page has been viewed 353 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 24, 2015, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.