The Log Church
A bell was purchased in 1836 and the name changed to St. Augustine Catholic Church. A steeple was added to the front in 1837.
A new brick church was dedicated on November 11, 1846 and still stands today as a symbol of Minster's faith and proud German heritage.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical date for this entry is November 11, 1846.
Location. 40° 23.606′ N, 84° 22.688′ W. Marker is in Minster, Ohio, in Auglaize County. Marker is on North Lincoln Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Minster OH 45865, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Minster's Origins (within shouting distance of this marker); The Crescent Theater (within shouting distance of this marker); Francis J. Stallo's log cabin
More about this marker. There are two identical markers on the fence around the gazebo, one on the west side and one on the east side.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 3, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 2, 2016, by Michael Baker of Lima, Ohio. This page has been viewed 342 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 2, 2016, by Michael Baker of Lima, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.