Pittston in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and Castles • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list. A significant historical date for this entry is July 4, 1997.
Location. 41° 19.771′ N, 75° 47.251′ W. Marker is in Pittston, Pennsylvania, in Luzerne County. Marker is at the intersection of Pittston Avenue and Parsonage Street, on the right when traveling north on Pittston Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pittston PA 18640, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Pittston Fort (here, next to this marker); Jenkins Fort (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named Jenkins' Fort (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Greater Pittston Coal Miner St. John the Baptist Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); War Memorial (approx. half a mile away); Erie Railroad Co. v. Tompkins (approx. half a mile away); World War Memorial (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pittston.
Also see . . .
1. Battle of Wyoming and Hartley's Expidition. One of the Wyoming Valley stockades, the fort was surrendered after the battle of Wyoming. (Submitted on August 20, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
2. Location of Fort Pittston. Section from the Report of the Commission to locate the site of Frontier Forts. (Submitted on August 20, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 20, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,545 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 20, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.