City of Westminster in Greater London County, England, United Kingdom
1888 - 1935
Erected 1966 by Greater London Council.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Arts, Letters, Music • War, World I. A significant historical year for this entry is 1888.
Location. 51° 29.85′ N, 0° 7.674′ W. Marker is in City of Westminster, England, in Greater London County. Marker is on Barton Street just south of Great College Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 14 Barton Street, City of Westminster, England SW1P 3NE, United Kingdom. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lord Reith (within shouting distance of this marker); Sir John Gielgud (within shouting distance of this marker); W.T. Stead (about 150 meters away, measured in a direct line); The Jewel Tower (about 150 meters away); Emmeline Pankhurst (about 180 meters away); The Burghers of Calais (about 210 meters away); Royal Wedding 2011 (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Sir Thomas Peirson Frank (approx. 0.3 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in City of Westminster.
Also see . . . T.E. Lawrence. "Thomas Edward Lawrence, CB, DSO (16 August 1888 – 19 May 1935) was a British archaeologist, military officer, diplomat, and writer. He was renowned for his liaison role during the Sinai and Palestine Campaign and the Arab Revolt against the Ottoman Empire during the First World War. The breadth and variety of his activities and associations, and his ability to describe them vividly in writing, earned him international fame as Lawrence of Arabia—a title used for the 1962 film based on his wartime activities." (Submitted on October 20, 2017.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 20, 2017. It was originally submitted on October 20, 2017, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 132 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 20, 2017, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.