The original windows were replaced with custom designed stained glass windows made by Mr. Robert Atwood of Lebanon, Tennessee. Family members donated the stained glass windows to memorialize the founding members long and faithful service to the church. The windows were designed by James Jordan and Geneva Thomas, members of the Friends of Fiddlers Grove.
Melrose Church is one of the most popular spots in Wilson County for small weddings. It is available for rental year around.
The pews and chairs were donated by Mr. & Mrs. Roy Howell in 1994. The building was donated by Melrose Presbyterian Church Trustees, Deacons and Members in 1994.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1883.
Location. 36° 11.859′
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Forbes Cabin (here, next to this marker); Mr. Luther's Blacksmith Shop and Broom Factory (here, next to this marker); Pete Smith's Store (here, next to this marker); Peyton Smokehouse (here, next to this marker); Stewart Cabin (here, next to this marker); Livesay Mill (within shouting distance of this marker); Thompson-Partlow Cabin and Smokehouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cartmell Cabin (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lebanon.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 7, 2017. It was originally submitted on November 5, 2017, by Karen Emerson-McPeak of Triune, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 223 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 5, 2017, by Karen Emerson-McPeak of Triune, Tennessee. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.