North Newport News in Newport News, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1927 by Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number W-60.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable Buildings • Notable Places. A significant historical year for this entry is 1810.
Location. 37° 7.801′ N, 76° 32.513′ W. Marker is in North Newport News in Newport News, Virginia. Marker is on Old Courthouse Way, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Newport News VA 23608, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Warwick Courthouse (here, next to this marker); Warwick County Confederate Monument (a few steps from this marker); Warwick Court House (within shouting distance of this marker); Olivet Christian Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Windmill Point (approx. 0.9 miles away); Two USCT Heroes (approx. 1.2 miles away); Richneck (approx. 1.4 miles away); Richneck Plantation (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in North Newport News.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 17, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 8, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 932 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 8, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.