Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Port Gamble in Kitsap County, Washington — The American West (Northwest)
 

Fire Hall

 
 
Fire Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Douglass Halvorsen, December 30, 2012
1. Fire Hall Marker
Inscription.  The fire hall building, its origin uncertain, was apparently installed or moved between the Masonic Lodge and the Community Hall between 1929 and 1956. The mill workers acted as a volunteer fire department for the mill and town. The building was converted to a commercial use in 2001.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1929.
 
Location. 47° 51.335′ N, 122° 35.05′ W. Marker is in Port Gamble, Washington, in Kitsap County. Marker is on North Rainier Avenue, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Port Gamble WA 98364, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Franklin Lodge No. 5 (a few steps from this marker); Community Hall / Post Office (within shouting distance of this marker); Port Gamble General Store & Office (within shouting distance of this marker); New York House (within shouting distance of this marker); Port Gamble Centennial (within shouting distance of this marker); WM. Walker - E.G. Ames House (within shouting distance
Fire Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Douglass Halvorsen, December 30, 2012
2. Fire Hall Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
of this marker); Clarence R. & Lulu (Hovey) Cranmer House (within shouting distance of this marker); Morrill S. Pope House (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Gamble.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on January 20, 2018. It was originally submitted on January 18, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. This page has been viewed 149 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on January 18, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=112952

Paid Advertisements
 
 

May. 21, 2022