Mt. Adams Pilgrim Chapel
The meetinghouse of Mt. Adams Pilgrim Chapel is significant as an embodiment of nineteenth century eclectic architecture in Cincinnati. Built on a rectangular, two story brick building is distinguished by its unusual central bell gable tower and the symmetrical placement of the windows. The simply designed stained glass windows illuminate the chapel.
This plaque is dedicated May 1, 2011 in celebration of the 125th anniversary of Pilgrim Chapel.
This property listed in the National Register of Historic Places
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is May 1, 1886.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ida Street Bridge (a few steps from this marker); Mt. Adams (approx. 0.2 miles away); The "Church of the Steps" (Immaculata), (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named Mt. Adams (approx. 0.3 miles away); Ohio’s First Publicly Owned Water System (approx. half a mile away); Robert S. Duncanson (approx. 0.6 miles away); Taft Museum of Art (approx. 0.6 miles away); Woodward High School / School for Creative and Performing Arts (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cincinnati.
More about this marker. Holy Cross-Immaculata Church, Ida Street Viaduct, Rookwood Pottery, Cincinnati Art Museum, Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park
Additional keywords. Mt. Adams, Presbyterian, United Church of Christ, Churches, Central Bell Gable Tower
Credits. This page was last revised on January 26, 2018. It was originally submitted on January 25, 2018, by Allen W. Bernard of Cincinnati, Oh 45202-1736. This page has been viewed 134 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on January 25, 2018, by Allen W. Bernard of Cincinnati, Oh 45202-1736. 2, 3. submitted on January 26, 2018, by Allen W. Bernard of Cincinnati, Oh 45202-1736. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.