City of London, England, United Kingdom
John Bray's House
Adjoining this site
stood the house of
May 21st 1738
Erected by City of London Corporation.
Marker series. This marker is included in the City of London Corporation marker series.
Location. 51° 31.022′ N, 0° 5.886′ W. Marker is in City of London, England. Marker is on Little Britain just west of St Martin's-le-Grand, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5 Little Britain, City of London, England EC1A 7BT, United Kingdom. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Christ Church (within shouting distance of this marker); French Protestant Church (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Northumberland House (about 90 meters away); The Bull and Mouth Inn (about 90 meters away); The London Wall Walk - 21 (about 90 meters away); Cooks Hall (about 90 meters away); St Mark's Hospital (about 90 meters away); Aldersgate (about 90 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in City of London.
Also see . . .
1. John Bray's House (Methodist Heritage). "Site of the house owned by John Bray where Charles Wesley was converted on 21 May 1738 (and where John Wesley declared 'I believe' at about 10pm on 24 May). Both John and Charles Wesley lodged here from 1738 to 1739. John Bray had connections with the Moravians, and for a time his house served as a centre for early Methodist and Moravian activities." (Submitted on April 17, 2018.)
2. 1738 John & Charles Wesley Experience Conversions (Christian History Institute). (Submitted on April 18, 2018.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for John Bray's House.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 18, 2018. This page originally submitted on April 17, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 106 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 17, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.