Berkeley Springs in Morgan County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
John Smith and John Philpot
Lot #22: Conveyed by the Trustees of the Town of Bath to John Smith and John Philpot, August, 1777.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 39° 37.486′ N, 78° 13.68′ W. Marker is in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia, in Morgan County. Marker is at the intersection of South Mercer Street and Market Street, on the right when traveling south on South Mercer Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 116 Market Street, Berkeley Springs WV 25411, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Edward Lloyd (here, next to this marker); John Ridout (a few steps from this marker); Charles Yates (within shouting distance of this marker); Samuel Hughes (within shouting distance of this marker); Charles Carroll (within shouting distance of this marker); John Barns (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Harry Dorsey Gough (about Charles Carroll (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Berkeley Springs.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 20, 2019. It was originally submitted on May 14, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 77 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 14, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.