Canyon in Randall County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
"The Canyon News"
Clyde W. Warwick, editor 45 years, 1910-1955. Won awards for outstanding weekly 1942, 1950. Special Edition (1949) was rated nation's best. Troy Martin became editor 1960.
Erected 1968 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 10.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Communications. A significant historical year for this entry is 1889.
Location. 34° 58.724′ N, 101° 55.72′ W. Marker is in Canyon, Texas, in Randall County. Marker is at the intersection of 5th Avenue and 15th Street, on the right when traveling east on 5th Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1500 5th Avenue, Canyon TX 79015, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Clyde & Grace Warwick (here, next to this marker); The Smith Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Randall County World War I Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct Randall County Courthouse (about 300 feet away); Randall County (about 400 feet away); First National Bank Building (about 400 feet away); Neblett Hospital and Clinic (about 400 feet away); Presbyterian Church Building (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Canyon.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. The Canyon News
Also see . . . The Canyon News. (Submitted on June 5, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 10, 2018. It was originally submitted on June 5, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 429 times since then and 8 times this year. Last updated on May 26, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 5, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.