City of Westminster in Greater London County, England, United Kingdom
Church of the Assumption
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is March 12, 1790.
Location. 51° 30.67′ N, 0° 8.287′ W. Marker is in City of Westminster, England, in Greater London County. Marker is on Warwick Street just south of Beak Street, on the leftTouch for map. Marker is in this post office area: City of Westminster, England W1B 5LZ, United Kingdom. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lord Stanley of Preston (within shouting distance of this marker); The Portuguese Embassy (within shouting distance of this marker); Sir Morell MacKenzie (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); A History of Golden Square (about 90 meters away); Cardinal Wiseman (about 90 meters away); Ziggy Stardust (about 120 meters away); The Crown (about 120 meters away); Don Arden and “Small Faces” (about 150 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in City of Westminster.
Also see . . . Church of our Lady of the Assumption and Saint Gregory (Wikipedia). "The Church of Our Lady of the Assumption and St. Gregory is a Roman Catholic church on Warwick Street, Westminster. It was formerly known as the Royal Bavarian Chapel, since like several Roman Catholic churches in London it has its origin in a chapel within a foreign embassy. It was built between 1789 and 1790 to the designs of Joseph Bonomi the Elder. The only surviving eighteenth century Roman Catholic chapel in London, it is a Grade II listed building." (Submitted on July 7, 2018.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 7, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 7, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 74 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 7, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.