Duncannon in Perry County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Sunday School In Perry County
the Church at the Mouth of the Juniata
the forerunner of
the Duncannon Presbyterian Church
first Sunday School in Perry County
was organized in 1821
and has had practically a continual existence
since that time. Rev. James Brady was the first pastor
of this historic church from 1803 until his death in
1821, following which this Sunday School was organized
Duncannon Presbyterian Church
through the vision of one and the efforts
of many, brick restoration was completed
August 26, 1994
Dedicated to the Glory of God
Erected 1939 by the Sunday Schools of Perry County through the Perry County Sunday School Association.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Education • Man-Made Features. A significant historical year for this entry is 1821.
Location. 40° 23.434′ N, 77° Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3 North High Street, Duncannon PA 17020, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Duncannon National Bank (a few steps from this marker); Duncannon Presbyterian Church Annex (a few steps from this marker); Duncannon Square (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Clark's Ferry Bridge (about 600 feet away); The Railroad in Duncannon (about 600 feet away); Entering Duncannon (about 700 feet away); a different marker also named Entering Duncannon (about 700 feet away); Duncannon (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Duncannon.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 9, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 9, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 79 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 9, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.