Woodstock Tercentenary (1686 - 1986)
This building was used regularly until 1929. During the following decade it had occasional use before closing forever about 1939. It was used for a time by the Sunnyside Sunday School, and later owned by the neighborhood mutual benefit society. In 1969 it was acquired by The Woodstock Historical Society as the only one room school not converted to other uses and still on its original site in this town. Woodstock’s one room schools were abandoned with consolidation of students at the Woodstock Elementary school in 1950.
Erected June 1, 1986
In celebration of Woodstock’s 300th Anniversary
Erected 1986 by Woodstock
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical date for this entry is June 1, 1986.
Location. 41° 58.95′ N, 72° 4.941′ W. Marker is in Woodstock, Connecticut, in Windham County. Marker is at the intersection of County Route 197 and Route 198, on the right when traveling west on County Route 197. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1701 CT-197, Woodstock CT 06281, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Kenyonville, Connecticut (approx. 3.9 miles away); Union Green Historic District (approx. 4 miles away); Union (approx. 4 miles away); Union’s 250th Birthday Time Capsule (approx. 4 miles away); Union Civil War Memorial (approx. 4 miles away); Union Veterans Memorial (approx. 4 miles away); Site of the first Meetinghouse in Union (approx. 4.1 miles away); The Town Pound (approx. 4.1 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on August 30, 2018. It was originally submitted on August 28, 2018. This page has been viewed 445 times since then and 102 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 28, 2018. 3. submitted on August 28, 2018, by Ron Sanderson of Woodstock Valley, Connecticut. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.