Van Wert in Van Wert County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Van Wert Gazebo
The Band Stand (Gazebo) was built in 1875 on the Court House lawn. It was moved in 1891 to Third Ward Park by George Marsh, and then to the County Fair Grounds in the early 1900's. The Trustees moved it to its current location in June, 1992.
Entered in the National Register of Historic Places by the National Park Service, United States Department of Interior in 1982.
Erected by Van Wert County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Entertainment • Notable Buildings. A significant historical month for this entry is June 1992.
Location. 40° 52.532′ N, 84° 34.982′ W. Marker is in Van Wert, Ohio, in Van Wert County. Marker is on Washington Street (U.S. 127), on the right when traveling north. Marker and gazebo are on the Van Wert County Museum grounds. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 602 North Washington Street, Van Wert OH 45891, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First County Library in the United States (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Brumback Library (approx. The Historic Lincoln Highway (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Homestead (approx. 0.9 miles away); Civil War Soldiers and Sailors Monument (approx. 1.3 miles away); Company D, 2nd Ohio Volunteer Infantry Monument (approx. 1.3 miles away); Hoghe Road Bridge (approx. 1.4 miles away); Killing Spree Ends Here in 1948 (approx. 6.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Van Wert.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 20, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 863 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 20, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.