Delaware in Delaware County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Original Building at Ohio Wesleyan University
Erected 2003 by Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The Longaberger Company, Ohio Wesleyan University, and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 8-21.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed Churches & Religion • Education • Landmarks • Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection series list.
Location. 40° 17.759′ N, 83° 3.974′ W. Marker is in Delaware, Ohio, in Delaware County. Marker can be reached from University Way. Marker is in front of Elliott Hall on the Ohio Wesleyan University. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Delaware OH 43015, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Cherry, Judge, Luckett Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); University Hall and Gray Chapel (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Wesley Branch Rickey (about 300 feet away); The Sulphur Spring (about 400 feet away); 1897 Memorial Tree (about 400 feet away); Site of the First Ohio State Football Game (about 400 feet away); Eddy, Kroener, and Riesz Memorial (about 400 feet away); Edwards Gymnasium / Home of High School Basketball Tournaments (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Delaware.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 22, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,116 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 22, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.