Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Stillwater in Saratoga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Yellow Meeting House

 
 
Yellow Meetinghouse Marker image. Click for full size.
By Steve Stoessel, May 16, 2019
1. Yellow Meetinghouse Marker
Inscription.  Built 1764 at Stillwater. Later removed to this spot. First congregational church in northern New York.
 
Erected 1927 by N.Y. State Historical Marker.
 
Location. 42° 56.357′ N, 73° 41.837′ W. Marker is in Stillwater, New York, in Saratoga County. Marker is at the intersection of Saratoga Road (County Route 75) and Van Ness Road, on the right when traveling north on Saratoga Road. On northwest corner of intersection. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mechanicville NY 12118, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Harmanus Schuyler Mansion (approx. 1.9 miles away); Site of Schuyler Mansion (approx. 1.9 miles away); Stillwater World War I Memorial (approx. 1.9 miles away); Gen. Henry Knox Trail (approx. 2 miles away); Stillwater Blockhouse (approx. 2.1 miles away); Milltown USA (approx. 2.1 miles away); The Academy (approx. 2.2 miles away); United Church (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stillwater.
 
Categories. Churches & Religion
 
Field Next To Yellow Meeting House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Steve Stoessel, May 16, 2019
2. Field Next To Yellow Meeting House Marker
The Yellow Meeting House graveyard is in the distance.
 

More. Search the internet for Yellow Meeting House.
 
Credits. This page was last revised on May 17, 2019. This page originally submitted on May 16, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 59 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on May 16, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement