Near Cassville in Bartow County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Noble Hill Rosenwald School
Today the restored building is a cultural heritage museum with emphasis on Black life in Bartow from the early 1900's to the present. Historical information on all schools in the system, artifacts, a replica of the Rosenwald School, and pictorial resources of the community are available in the Center.
Erected 1995 by Georgia Department of Natural Resources. (Marker Number 008-52.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: African Americans • Education. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society, and the Rosenwald Schools 🎓 series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1923.
Location. 34° 14.816′ N, 84° 51.484′ W. Marker is near CassvilleTouch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2361 Joe Frank Harris Parkway, Cassville GA 30123, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Confederate Army of Tenn. at Cassville (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site - Cassville Female College (about 800 feet away); Site of Cassville (approx. 0.3 miles away); Town Of Cassville (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site - Cherokee Baptist College (approx. 0.4 miles away); Confederate Line (approx. 0.7 miles away); Confederate Dead (approx. ¾ mile away); Grave of Gen. William Tatum Wofford (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cassville.
Also see . . . Georgia Encyclopedia entry on Julius Rosenwald and the Rosenwald Schools. (Submitted on November 24, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 3, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 9, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,682 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 9, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 3. submitted on November 10, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Christopher Busta-Peck was the editor who published this page.