Midway in Woodford County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Midway Christian Church
Out of this church, Midway Second Christian Church was organized prior to the Civil War. Notable visitors were preacher Alexander Campbell and Carry Nation. In 1859 Pinkerton used a melodeon in worship, leading to a split of the Church of Christ and Disciples of Christ. The Victorian Romanesque building was dedicated in 1896.
Erected 2008 by Kentucky Historical Society, Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 2280.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
Location. 38° Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 123 East Bruen Street, Midway KY 40347, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Matthew A.M.E. Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Edward Dudley Brown / Noted Horseman (about 400 feet away); Morgan at Midway (about 500 feet away); "Sue Mundy" Here (about 500 feet away); Midway (about 500 feet away); Midway Presbyterian Church (about 800 feet away); Pilgrim Baptist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sons & Daughters of Relief Cemetery (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Midway.
Also see . . . History of the Midway Christian Church. (Submitted on July 19, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Railroads & Streetcars •
More. Search the internet for Midway Christian Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 19, 2019. This page originally submitted on July 19, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 41 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 19, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.