Taylor in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Doak Pavilion Site
(25 Feet West)
Built 1891 by Dr. A. V. Doak, early settler and civic leader, at end of his street car line, which operated three mule-drawn cars. Used for plays, dances, other amusements. Held crowds of 1,000. In 1900 the pavilion was sold and dismantled.
Erected 1967 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 9046.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Animals • Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1891.
Location. 30° 34.344′ N, 97° 25.723′ W. Marker is in Taylor, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on 700 Sloan Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 700 Sloan Street, Taylor TX 76574, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Taylor Brethren Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Booth House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Wedemeyer Hospital Site (approx. 0.6 miles away); Doak Home (approx. 0.7 miles away); Tucker-Smith House (approx. ¾ mile away); St. James Church The Tenth Street United Methodist Church (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Taylor Public Schools (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Taylor.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 10, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 15, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,356 times since then and 25 times this year. Last updated on August 31, 2019, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. Photos: 1. submitted on October 15, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. 2. submitted on August 31, 2019, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.