Longview in Gregg County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Presbyterian Church of Longview
Erected 1994 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9955.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical year for this entry is 1872.
Location. 32° 29.803′ N, 94° 44.385′ W. Marker is in Longview, Texas, in Gregg County. Marker is at the intersection of North Center Street and West Methvin Street, on the left when traveling north on North Center Street. Touch for map. Marker Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. "Served With Honor" (within shouting distance of this marker); General John Gregg / Texas Secession Convention (within shouting distance of this marker); O. H. Methvin, Sr. (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Courthouses of Gregg County (about 300 feet away); Gregg County Confederate Soldiers Monument (about 400 feet away); Banking The Final Ingredient (about 600 feet away); Everett Building (about 700 feet away); Dalton Gang's Last Raid (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Longview.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 4, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 4, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 135 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 4, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.