Fort Stockton in Pecos County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Courthouse, Jail and Zero Stone
Erected 1966 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1096.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 30° 52.932′ N, 102° 52.785′ W. Marker was in Fort Stockton, Texas, in Pecos County. Marker was on West James Street, on the right when traveling east. Medallion and Zero Stone are located in the small park between the county courthouse and the old county jail. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Fort Stockton TX 79735, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. Fort Stockton (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of Fort Stockton (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Joseph's Catholic Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Annie Riggs Hotel (about Grey Mule Saloon (about 600 feet away); Koehler's Saloon and Store (approx. ¼ mile away); O. W. Williams (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site of Comanche Springs (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Stockton.
More about this marker. While the medallion associated with this marker still exists, it appears that the plate containing the marker text has disappeared. The marker text listed in this entry was retrieved from the Texas Historical Commission's Atlas.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 11, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 11, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas. This page has been viewed 75 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 11, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas.