Marble Falls in Burnet County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
St. Frederick Baptist Church
Dicey used his home as the organizational site of the congregation of the St. Frederick Baptist Church until they started using the former Blazing Star Lodge building in 1899. The African American community once lived in the northeast section of Marble Falls but started to move to the southwest portion of town. To accommodate that change in location in 1907, St. John’s Association traded the land on Main Street for property down the hill from Main Street. Near Avenue L. the building was moved to this new site and remodeled, and soon after church and school resumed at the new site. In 1955 this church located in the “hollow” was torn down and rebuilt at
Erected 2015 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 18091.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: African Americans • Churches & Religion.
Location. 30° 34.501′ N, 98° 16.96′ W. Marker is in Marble Falls, Texas, in Burnet County. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 301 Avenue N, Marble Falls, TX, Marble Falls TX 78654, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Michel's Drug Store (approx. 0.4 miles away); 1910 Post Office Building (approx. 0.4 miles away); Governor O. M. Roberts' House (approx. half a mile away); The Roper Hotel (approx. half a mile away); Brandt Badger House (approx. half a mile away); Marble Falls Factory Site (approx. half a mile away); Marble Falls Depot (approx. 0.6 miles away); Marble Falls School Building (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marble Falls.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 24, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 22, 2019, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 120 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 22, 2019, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.