Bethania in Forsyth County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
—The Wachovia Moravian, January 1895
The small chapel never developed into an independent church. Instead, the building was moved to grounds of Mizpah Moravian Church. A growing Mizpah Moravian no longer needed the chapel; therefore, it was transferred to a local farm site.
The chapel relocated to its present site in 2001 after being donated to the Town of Bethania by Mr.and Mrs. Burton Winfrey. Today, a restored building functions as the Bethania Town Hall
Erected by Town of Bethania.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1895.
Location. 36° 10.707′ N, 80° 20.333′ W. Marker is in Bethania, North Carolina, in Forsyth County. Marker can be reached from Bethania Road. Located at the Bethania Visitor Center. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5393 Ham Horton Ln, Bethania NC 27010, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bethania (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Bethania (within shouting distance of this marker); Wolff-Moser House (within shouting distance of this marker); Lord Cornwallis (within shouting distance of this marker); Stoneman's Raid (within shouting distance of this marker); Plank Road (within shouting distance of this marker); Great Wagon Road (approx. 0.3 miles away); Cedar Grove School (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bethania.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 26, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 26, 2019, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 195 times since then and 47 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 26, 2019, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina.