Nemeha County Courthouse
That same year the county commissioners accepted a design by Nebraska architect George A. Berlinghof and construction began. Stone was quarried about five miles west of Auburn and brick was produced by a local brickyard. The cornerstone was laid on May 25, 1900, in a ceremony featuring former Nebraska Governer Robert W. Furnas. County offices moved into the new courthouse in December 1900. The symmetrical building with two main entrances, executed in the Richardsonian Romanesque style, features corner towers, permanent materials, elaborate ornamentation, and reflects permanence and stability. In 1990 the Nemeha County Courthouse was listed in the National Register of
Erected 2010 by Nebraska State Historical Society.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Nebraska State Historical Society marker series.
Location. 40° 23.109′ N, 95° 50.65′ W. Marker is in Auburn, Nebraska, in Nemaha County. Marker is at the intersection of North Street and 19th Street, on the right when traveling south on North Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1824 North Street, Auburn NE 68305, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Auburn Post Office Mural (approx. half a mile away); Nemaha County Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.7 miles away); Legion Memorial Park (approx. 0.7 miles away); Legion Memorial Park Lily Pond (approx. 0.7 miles away); Half-Breed Tract (approx. 1.3 miles away); The Little Red Schoolhouse (approx. 8½ miles away); Peru State College (approx. 8½ miles away).
Categories. • Architecture • Government & Politics •
More. Search the internet for Nemeha County Courthouse.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 2, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 1, 2019, by Michael E Sanchez, Jr. of Kansas City, Missouri. This page has been viewed 39 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 2, 2019, by Michael E Sanchez, Jr. of Kansas City, Missouri. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.