St Augustine in St. Johns County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Spanish Public Well
Constructed prior to 1763
Filled and partially destroyed
during British Occupation
1763 – 1784
Restored 1975 as a Bicentennial project of:
City Of St. Augustine
Historic St. Augustine Preservation Board
St. Augustine’s Bicentennial Committee
Erected by City Of St. Augustine, Historic St. Augustine Preservation Board, St. Augustine’s Bicentennial Committee.
Location. 29° 53.539′ N, 81° 18.756′ W. Marker is in St Augustine, Florida, in St. Johns County. Marker is at the intersection of King Street and St. George Street, on the left when traveling east on King Street. Located within the Plaza de la Constitucion. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Augustine FL 32084, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Prisoners of War in St. Augustine During the American Revolution (here, next to this marker); Andrew Young Crossing (a few steps from this marker); Constitution Monument Trinity Episcopal Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Government House: Legacy of Authority (within shouting distance of this marker); 8 inch Columbiad (within shouting distance of this marker); Plaza de la Constitución (within shouting distance of this marker); Trinity Parish Church (within shouting distance of this marker).
Categories. • Notable Places •
More. Search the internet for Spanish Public Well.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 2, 2020. This page originally submitted on December 17, 2019, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. This page has been viewed 41 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 17, 2019, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.