Hamilton in Harris County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Columbus Baptist Association
Erected by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 072-4.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical date for this entry is November 22, 1778.
Location. 32° 45.465′ N, 84° 52.591′ W. Marker is in Hamilton, Georgia, in Harris County. Marker is at the intersection of Blue Springs Road (Georgia Route 116) and Hill Street, on the left when traveling west on Blue Springs Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hamilton GA 31811, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within B. F. White (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); U.S.S. Harris County (about 600 feet away); Harris County (about 600 feet away); Hamilton Female College (approx. 0.4 miles away); Valley of Hope (approx. 3.8 miles away); Pine Mountain Valley Resettlement Project (approx. 4.3 miles away); Callaway Gardens (approx. 5.1 miles away); Pioneer Log Cabin (approx. 5.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hamilton.
More about this marker. Although difficult to see, the marker is mounted on a monopole (hidden in the bushes).
Credits. This page was last revised on January 31, 2021. It was originally submitted on December 15, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 950 times since then and 24 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on December 15, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?