New Holstein in Calumet County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
St. Martinís Church
In 1899, the Salvatorian Fathers of St. Nazianz took charge of the parish, continuing services until 2004. An ongoing shortage of priests led in part to the churchís closure the next year. Descendents of the first settlers purchased the property from the Diocese of Green Bay in order to preserve the historic church, and formed St. Martin Heritage Park, Inc. in 2006.
Erected 2009 by Wisconsin Historical Society. (Marker Number 525.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society series list.
Location. 44° 0.493′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: N3298 Cty T, Chilton WI 53014, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Civic Park (approx. 3.9 miles away); New Holstein (approx. 3.9 miles away); Gewidmet Unseren Kriegern 1861 - 65. (approx. 4 miles away); H. C. Timm House (approx. 4.1 miles away); New Holstein Veterans Memorial (approx. 4.4 miles away); Kiel Veterans Park (approx. 7.6 miles away); St. Gregory Church (approx. 8.7 miles away); St. Nazianz Area Veterans Memorial (approx. 8.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Holstein.
Also see . . . St. Martin Heritage Park of Charlestown, Inc. List park location as N3298 Cty T, New Holstein, WI 53061 and mailing address as W1140 Lime Kiln Road, New Holstein, WI 53061. (Submitted on March 10, 2012, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin.)
Credits. This page was last revised on February 24, 2020. It was originally submitted on March 9, 2012, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 678 times since then and 19 times this year. Last updated on February 23, 2020, by Devon Polzar of Port Washington, Wisconsin. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on March 9, 2012, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.