Near Purcellville in Loudoun County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Ketoctin Church Short Hill
Present Church Built 1854
Placed By Ketoctin Chapter
The American Revolution
Erected by Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Notable Buildings • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list.
Location. 39° 9.448′ N, 77° 44.926′ W. Marker is near Purcellville, Virginia, in Loudoun County. Marker is at the intersection of Ketoctin Church Road (County Route 716) and Allder School Road (County Route 771), on the right when traveling south on Ketoctin Church Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Purcellville VA 20134, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Beyond Purcellville (approx. 2.2 miles away); Purcellville Station (approx. 2.2 miles away); A Little History (approx. 2.2 miles away); Killed in Action MemorialThe Case Building (approx. 2.3 miles away); Tracks into History (approx. 2.3 miles away); Old Potts Graveyard (approx. 2.7 miles away); Electric Trains on the W&OD (approx. 2.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Purcellville.
More about this marker. Historic Baptist church which was founded in 1751, located just east of Blue Ridge near Short Hill Mountain. This church was constituted during the French and Indian War. Seven church members, including Rev. John Marks, served in the Revolutionary War on the Patriot side. The marker is located on the front of the church building.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. Buck Marsh Baptist Church near Berryville.
Also see . . . Ketoctin Church Cemetery. Listing from Find A Grave. (Submitted on December 24, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 22, 2008, by Samuel Dalton of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 2,464 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on December 22, 2008, by Samuel Dalton of Leesburg, Virginia. 7. submitted on December 23, 2008, by Samuel Dalton of Leesburg, Virginia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.