Warsaw in Coshocton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Additional Charters 1920 and 1930
10 miles southeast
Route 95 - Sycamore St.
From “Cush-og-wenk” meaning “Black Bear Town”
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Fraternal or Sororal Organizations. A significant historical year for this entry is 1911.
Location. 40° 20.127′ N, 82° 0.4′ W. Marker is in Warsaw, Ohio, in Coshocton County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (U.S. 36) and Bridge Street (Ohio Route 60), on the left when traveling east on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Warsaw OH 43844, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Warsaw Hotel (a few steps from this marker); The Founding of Warsaw, Ohio (within shouting distance of this marker); Colonel William Simmons (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Franklin J. Fischer (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Site of White Woman’s Village (approx. 2½ miles away); Helmick Covered BridgeArlie Dale Mullet (approx. 5.2 miles away); Bouquet’s Camp (approx. 7.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warsaw.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 20, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 26, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 731 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 26, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.