Lehi in Utah County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Pioneers of Lehi
The following year most of the families moved to higher ground on Dry Creek, selected in July 1850 by Canute Peterson and six companions, and established Evansville, named for Bishop David Evans. By legislative enactment, February 5, 1852 the “City of Lehi” was incorporated. It included the area between Utah Lake and the north foothills. The name Lehi was taken from the Book of Mormon. This monument was erected as a part of Lehi’s Centennial Celebration.
Erected 1950 by Utah Pioneer Trails and Landmarks Association. (Marker Number 118.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Utah Pioneer Trails and Landmarks Association series list. A significant historical date for this entry is February 5, 1852.
Location. 40° 22.337′ Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lehi UT 84043, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lehi Hotel (approx. 1.9 miles away); Lehi Meeting House (approx. 2 miles away); Lehi Relief Society Hall (approx. 2 miles away); Merrihew/Dalley Building (approx. 2.1 miles away); Lehi Memorial Building (approx. 2.2 miles away); Bishop David Evans (approx. 2.2 miles away); John Austin Cabin (approx. 2.2 miles away); Lehi Cemetery (approx. 2.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lehi.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 14, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 14, 2020, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 73 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 14, 2020, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.