Dover in Tuscarawas County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Founder of the city
of Dover Ohio
Erected by City of Dover.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1807.
Location. 40° 31.346′ N, 81° 28.558′ W. Marker is in Dover, Ohio, in Tuscarawas County. Marker is at the intersection of Wooster Avenue and 3rd Street, on the left when traveling south on Wooster Avenue. Marker is in east quadrant of town square. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dover OH 44622, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dover Concert Band, 1924 (within shouting distance of this marker); W. W. Scott, 1891 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Ohio and Erie Canal / Canal Dover Toll House (approx. ¼ mile away); Dover Public Library (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Cascade and Hardesty Mills / The Ohio-Erie Canal and Industry in Dover (approx. 0.3 miles away); Camp Meigs (approx. 0.6 miles Jeremiah E. Reeves / The J.E. Reeves Victorian Home (approx. 0.9 miles away); Reeves Steel World War II Memorial (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dover.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 2, 2019. It was originally submitted on January 11, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 840 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 11, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.