Harrisville in Lewis County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Built by Joseph Pahud -1857. Used to grind flour & feed. Large wooden dam above mill produced the water power. Ceased operation in 1938.
Erected 2014 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the William G. Pomeroy Foundation series list.
Location. 44° 8.982′ N, 75° 19.066′ W. Marker is in Harrisville, New York, in Lewis County. Marker is on River Street, 0.1 miles south of Elm Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Harrisville NY 13648, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Harrisville Central School History (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Chair Factory (about 700 feet away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Railroad Depot (approx. 0.4 miles away); The French Emigres (approx. 5˝ miles away); Site of First Talc Mill in United States In Tribute to Rhoda Fox Graves (approx. 14.8 miles away); The First Presbyterian Church and the Gouverneur Museum (approx. 14.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Harrisville.
Also see . . . WGP Foundation. (Submitted on July 12, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 13, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 12, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 132 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 12, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.