The William Donaldson House
— Visitors Center —
Several families lived in the house until it was acquired by Almond & Agrypina Bartlett in December, 1930. It remained their home for sixty years. Their farm acreage is now Bartlett Manor subdivision. After Almond’s death, Agrypina lived in the house until 1992. The new owner, James Ihn, donated the house to the Elmbrook Historical Society. The two bedrooms were removed and the house was transported to this site on May 12, 1993. A portion of the siding was stripped to expose the log construction showing the chinking between the logs.
Funded by the Elmbrook Historical Society & Edward & Arline Kirkham
Erected 2020 by Waukesha County Historical Society. (Marker Number 02-07.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable Buildings
Location. 43° 2.663′ N, 88° 6.449′ W. Marker is in Brookfield, Wisconsin, in Waukesha County. Marker can be reached from Pilgrim Parkway, ¼ mile north of West Bluemound Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1045 Pilgrim Parkway, Brookfield WI 53005, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Woodside One-Room School Bell (here, next to this marker); The Dousman Inn (within shouting distance of this marker); Pioneer Cemetery (approx. 1.2 miles away); City of Brookfield (approx. 1½ miles away); Caroline Quiner "Ma" Ingalls Birthplace (approx. 2.4 miles away); Hamlet of Calhoun (approx. 2.6 miles away); Calhoun (approx. 2.6 miles away); New Berlin Hills Golf Course (approx. 3.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brookfield.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 26, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 16, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 2,176 times since then and 22 times this year. Last updated on July 25, 2020, by Linda Hansen of Waukesha, Wisconsin. Photos: 1. submitted on July 26, 2020, by Linda Hansen of Waukesha, Wisconsin. 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 16, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.