Marcellus in Onondaga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of First Church Edifice
Site of first church edifice in Onondaga County, completed 1803; present church built 1851.
Erected 1941 by State Education Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 42° 58.969′ N, 76° 20.376′ W. Marker is in Marcellus, New York, in Onondaga County. Marker is at the intersection of East Main Street (New York State Route 174) and North Street, on the right when traveling west on East Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Marcellus NY 13108, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of Old Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); The Great Genesee Road (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of Tavern (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Marcellus World Wars Memorial (about 500 feet away); Site of First Frame House (about 600 feet away); First Sawmill (approx. 0.2 miles away); Steadman House (approx. ¼ mile away); Moses House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marcellus.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 28, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 27, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 24 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 27, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.